Quick breads get their name from their leavening agent—most commonly baking powder or baking soda instead of yeast. These breads, which are often sweet, rise while baking, and are of course quick to prepare. Surprise a special woman in your life this Mother’s Day with this delicious Blueberry Banana Bread!
Not only did we add dried Puget Sound Blueberries but also included our Cherry Almond Granola in the recipe. Our granola contains gluten-free oats, toasted almonds, nutritious seeds, Northwest Rainier and tart cherries, and is lightly sweetened with cherry juice and honey. The flavors we created were incredible!
This Blueberry Vanilla Banana Bread is a real treat for breakfast, brunch, or any occasion. We also discovered it pairs wonderful over vanilla Greek yogurt! Store this yummy bread in an airtight container for about 3-4 days. Hope you enjoy!
- ½ cup + a few Tablespoons butter - softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs - lightly beaten
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 ½ cups + 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup Chukar Puget Sound Blueberries
- ⅓ cup Chukar Almond Cherry Granola
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream together ½ cup butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs and bananas and mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine 1 ½ cups flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon.
- Beat flour mixture into butter mixture. Add vanilla.
- Fold in Chukar's Puget Sound Blueberries and Almond Cherry Granola.
- Grease and flour a loaf pan with remaining butter and flour.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
© 2015, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
Harvested in the Puget Sound region of Washington, our dried blueberries are high in antioxidants and slightly sweetened to accentuate the natural flavors. Substitute dried blueberries for raisins in recipes or enjoy a small handful in your morning cereal.
Gluten-free oats, toasted almonds, nutritious seeds, and Northwest Rainier and tart cherries. Lightly sweetened with cherry juice and honey. Ma Chukar's new favorite.