We’ve taken all the goodness of a multi-layer Black Forest cake and condensed it into a cupcake!
Hailing from southwest Germany, a traditional Black Forest Cake uses kirsch—an alcohol made from tart cherries grown in that region. Since American versions of the cake often omit the alcohol, you can substitute juice from the Dessert Cherries for the kirsch in this recipe if desired.
Chukar’s Dessert Cherries are made from Northwest dark sweet cherries and are free of preservatives—as is the Sour Cherry Pie Filling in the center of the cupcakes.
Black Forest Cupcakes
By February 6, 2014Published:
We've taken all the goodness of a multi-layer Black Forest cake and condensed it into a cupcake! Hailing from southwest …
- 1 recipe chocolate cupcakes your favorite!
- Chukar Sour Cherry Pie Filling
- ⅓ cup water for syrup
- ⅓ cup sugar for syrup
- 3 tablespoons kirsch or juice from Dessert Cherries for syrup
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream for frosting
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar for frosting
- 1 teaspoon kirsch or vanilla for frosting
- chocolate shavings for garnish
- Chukar Dessert Cherries for garnish
- Make your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe (from a mix or from scratch).
- Heat water and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and add either 3 tablespoons of kirsch or 3 tablespoons of juice from the Dessert Cherries. Cool.
- Scoop about a tablespoon from the top of each cooled cupcake to make room for the cherry filling.
- Pour a teaspoon of kirsch syrup inside each cupcake.
- Drop a tablespoon of Sour Cherry Pie Filling into the center of each cupcake.
- Beat whipping cream, powdered sugar, and kirsch or vanilla together until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream onto your cupcakes and garnish with chocolate shavings and a Dessert Cherry if desired.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress