Chukar’s cherry sauces and dried cherries are an easy way to upgrade sandwiches…and what better sandwich to experiment with than grilled cheese?
We’ve combined mellow brie with tangy Cherry Pepper Jelly but we could imagine lots of other delicious combinations. Cherry Chipotle Sauce with smoked Gouda, perhaps. Or how about Sour Cherry Preserves with turkey and Swiss?
This recipe makes one large or two small grilled brie sandwiches, but is easy to increase for a family meal.
Also, if you have resolved to improve your diet this year (or if you simply have a lot of leftover turkey from the holidays), try substituting sliced turkey for the bacon.
© 2014, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
Grilled Brie Sandwiches with Bacon, Arugula, and Cherry Pepper Jelly
By December 19, 2014Published:
- Yield: 1 large sandwich
Chukar’s cherry sauces and dried cherries are an easy way to upgrade sandwiches…and what better sandwich to experiment with …
- 2 large slices artisan bread
- 2 tablespoons real butter
- 2 tablespoons Chukar Cherry Pepper Jelly
- 3 slices brie
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 small handful arugula
- Crisp bacon to desired doneness in a skillet.
- Spread 1 side of each piece of bread with 1 tablespoon of butter per slice. These will be the sides you grill.
- On the sides of the bread that you did not spread butter, spread 1 tablespoon of Cherry Pepper Jelly per slice.
- Assemble sandwiches by stacking pepper jelly side of bread with brie and bacon and another slice of bread.
- Grill sandwich over medium-high heat, flipping once, until golden brown on both sides. Open sandwich and add arugula. Slice and serve.
- Skill Level: Easy
Northwest Montmorency Tart cherries in a thick spread for toast or appetizers.
A sweet and savory grilling sauce ideal for chicken, pork, or beef. Spread on meat in the last five minutes of cooking for classic BBQ flavor with notes of chipotle, cherry, honey, and Dijon.
The sweet of fresh cherries followed by the heat of jalapeños in an elegant garnish for gorgonzola appetizers or a favorite meat dish.