It’s cherry season time! This time of year, we love using fresh cherries with our products. This time we opted for an easy-to-make lemon cherry sauce with fresh Bing cherries!
We chose fresh Bing cherries since they’re not too sweet and they’re not too tart. We wanted a perfect balance that would pair just right with our sweet ‘n tart Sour Cherry Preserves. The dominant flavor is cherry of course, but the tart lemon zest nuances give this sauce a fun twist.
We recommend serving this sauce with your favorite tea cake, assorted cheeses, pastries, and even grilled meats! If you’re in for a wine pairing, we loved this sauce with a Sparkling Wine! Let us know what your favorite sauce pairing was in the comments section. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. fresh Bing cherries
- Zest + Juice 1 Lemon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ cups Chukar Sour Cherry Preserves
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- Pit fresh cherries and cut in half.
- In a medium sauce pan, heat coconut oil and fresh pitted cherries on medium heat. Sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add vanilla, sugar, lemon zest, and juice. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Add jar of Chukar Sour Cherry Preserves. Heat and simmer for an additional 3-4 minutes, until sauce thickens.
- Serve with fresh pastries, like palmier or gluten free tea cake or as an accompaniment to assorted cheeses.
© 2015, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
Northwest Montmorency Tart cherries in a thick spread for toast or appetizers.