My name is Tami Rafferty and I have been a member of the Chukar team for about five years as an Inside Sales Representative and now as the Assistant Retail Manager in Prosser. I love working at Chukar Headquarters, talking with our customers and telling them about all the different ways I use Chukar products in my own kitchen. It isn’t hard to sell products that you use and love.
My all-time favorite Chukar product is Raspberry Cherry Dessert Sauce. I often make mini tarts and top them with this decadent sauce because it has such a great, silky texture. What’s not to love about cherries and raspberries?
Another thing I like about working at Chukar is our customers’ senses of humor. Once I had a wine tour group visiting on a busy afternoon. A man walked into the store and announced loudly, “Where are the chocolates that you roll in crack?” All members of the wine tour group were looking at me curiously. I took a guess and replied, “You must be thinking of the Chocolate Honey Pecans, which are rolled in powdered sugar.” The gentleman said, “Oh, I know it has to be crack…because they are sooo addictive!” That got the attention of the wine tour group. They all had to sample the Chocolate Honey Pecans. I think they agreed…they are pretty addictive.
© 2011 – 2014, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
Raspberry Cherry Tarts Recipe
By August 4, 2011Published:
- Yield: 24 tarts
My name is Tami Rafferty and I have been a member of the Chukar team for about five years as an Inside Sales Representative and …
- ½ cup butter or margarine softened
- 11 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup flour
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup Chukar Raspberry Cherry Dessert Sauce
- whipped cream
- Mix butter or margarine, 3 ounces of cream cheese, and flour. Refrigerate for at least one hour, overnight is best. Shape dough into 1-inch balls in mini muffin pan. Dip tart shaper in flour and press into dough to form tart shell. Bake 20-25 minutes or until light golden brown.
- In a medium bowl beat the remaining cream cheese and powdered sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in vanilla. In separate bowl beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture. Place in a large pastry bag with a large star tip and fill tart shells. Chill for one hour before drizzling Raspberry Cherry Dessert Sauce over tart filling. Top with additional sweetened whipped cream if desired.
Raspberries and ripe cherries mingle in a smooth sauce deserving of a decadent cheesecake.