4/4/13: For an updated version of this recipe including how to infuse cupcakes with cabernet, click here.
Chef Frank Magaña’s recipe for chocolate cupcakes is perfect for February which is National Cherry Month (and Valentine’s Day of course). The recipe features cupcakes filled with Chukar’s Chocolate Cherry Dessert Sauce and topped with a dark chocolate Chipotle Cherry. We’ve also heard a rumor that Chef Magaña uses Cabernet in his cupcakes.
You can watch a demo video of Chef Magaña making the cupcakes here.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Chocolate Cherry Dessert Sauce
By February 15, 2012Published:
4/4/13: For an updated version of this recipe including how to infuse cupcakes with cabernet, click here. Chef Frank Magaña's …
- 12 chocolate cupcakes your favorite recipe, unfrosted
- 1 jar Chukar Chocolate Cherry Dessert Sauce
- 1 batch vanilla buttercream frosting your favorite recipe
- Chukar Chipotle Chocolate Cherries
- With a small knife, cut out the center top of each cupcake, scoop out about 1 tablespoon. Do this to all the cupcakes.
- Fill each cupcake with 1 tablespoon Chocolate Cherry Dessert Sauce and allow to rest 10 minutes for sauce to firm up. Then top with frosting. It’s easier to pipe the frosting from a pastry bag since the sauce isn’t firm enough to frost with a knife.
- Top each cupcake with a dark chocolate Chipotle Cherry (for a little added kick). Enjoy!
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
© 2012 – 2013, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.