What makes Chukar’s slow cooker BBQ beef a summertime favorite is that it only takes two ingredients—a good beef roast and Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce.
Our sweet, spicy, and peppery grilling sauce is similar to a barbecue sauce but without the thick tomato base. It’s also slightly thinner than a typical barbecue sauce, making it easier to use for basting. The ingredient list—packed with spices, sour cherries, and cranberries—gives the sauce Northwest flair.
Cherry Chipotle Barbecued Beef can easily be made in advance and stored in the fridge. Once prepared, it can be served as a main dish or on buns. We particularly liked the beef served on sandwich rolls and topped with sautéed mushrooms, onions, and toasted provolone.
Easy Cherry Chipotle Barbecued Beef
By May 16, 2013Published:
What makes Chukar’s slow cooker BBQ beef a summertime favorite is that it only takes two ingredients—a good beef roast and Cherry …
- 1.5-2 lb. beef roast
- 2 cups water
- Chukar Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Trim fat from the outside of a 1.5-2 lb. beef roast. Place in slow cooker with two cups of water and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
- Cook 6-8 hours on low until meat is very tender. Drain and shred meat—removing any fat. Pour entire jar of Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce into the slow cooker with the meat.
- If serving immediately, turn the slow cooker back on until the sauce is warmed. If making ahead, the mixture can be refrigerated at this point and returned to the slow cooker to reheat before serving.
- Cook’s Notes: The longer you cook the beef, the easier it will be to shred. Using the low setting on your slow cooker is preferable since it keeps the edges from scorching.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
A sweet and savory grilling sauce ideal for chicken, pork, or beef. Spread on meat in the last five minutes of cooking for classic BBQ flavor with notes of chipotle, cherry, honey, and Dijon.