The genius of a flourless chocolate cake is its texture. Lifted with eggs rather than a leavening agent, the crust melts in your mouth giving way to a center that’s part brownie, part warm fudge.
A gluten-free dessert, our flourless cake is not limited to those on a gluten-free diet. Believe us, you won’t miss the wheat.
We’ve topped the cake with a generous drizzle of Sour Cherry Dessert Sauce.
Flourless Chocolate Cherry Cake Recipe
By April 10, 2014Published:
The genius of a flourless chocolate cake is its texture. Lifted with eggs rather than a leavening agent, the crust melts …
- 12 ounces high-quality bittersweet chocolate
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Heat oven to 375°F. Cover an 8-inch cake pan with parchment paper. Grease well.
- Melt the chocolate and butter on low in the microwave, stirring frequently. Or, if you have a double-boiler, you can melt both in it. Stir until smooth.
- Combine chocolate and butter with sugar, salt, and vanilla. Add eggs, beating until well combined. Stir in cocoa powder.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 25 minutes or until center is just firm.
- Cool for five minutes. Run a knife around the edge of the pan. Cool for 10-15 minutes more and then flip onto a serving plate (the bottom will now be the top). Drizzle with a Chukar® dessert sauce of your choice and serve once cooled.
WordPress Recipe Plugin by ReciPress
Raspberries and ripe cherries mingle in a smooth sauce deserving of a decadent cheesecake.
Montmorency Tart cherries from Northwest orchards add a sweet and tangy finish to ice cream and pound cake.
A mix of Northwest cherries in a rich sauce transforms even a simple bowl of ice cream into a noteworthy dessert.