We wanted to make something wonderful for Dad to enjoy this Father’s Day, and we came up with a very tasty Rack O’ Lamb! Dad will love this creative recipe, and we chose ribs, so half the fun is picking them up to eat them. Not only did we use Chukar’s popular Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce, but we also managed to incorporate our new Pacific Northwest Energy Mix, Northwest Rainiers, and Cherry Pepper Jelly. How’s that for a cherry inspired dinner?
We pulsed the Pacific Northwest Energy Mix in a food processor which made a great crust! To give our dish a more intense cherry flavor, we created a sauce with pepper jelly, wine, and cherries.
Since asparagus is in-season, we added a side of Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus. Another option is to make a simple caramelized Walla Walla Onion risotto. For a wine pairing, we recommend a Syrah or Pinot Noir. If you’d like to make this a gluten-free recipe, simply substitute gluten free flour in lieu of the all purpose flour. You can also use any of the Chukar preserves and a little extra wine instead of the Cherry Pepper Jelly.
Hope your Dad enjoys!
- 2 racks French Cut Lamb (cleaned & trimmed)
- 1 ½ cups + 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 jar Chukar® Cherry Chipotle Sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Chukar® Pacific Northwest Energy Mix (pulsed in food processor 35-40 times, until it resembles coarse ground cornmeal)
- 1 cup Chukar® Cherry Pepper Jelly (for sauce)
- ¼ cup wine (for sauce)
- ⅓ cup Chukar® Organic Rainiers (for sauce)
- 1 Tsp butter (for sauce)
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut rack of lamb into 2-3 rib sections, as even as possible. Add salt and pepper to the meat.
- Place 1 ½ cups of flour on a plate with a lip.
- Whisk Chukar® Cherry Chipotle Sauce, 2 Tbsp of flour, and 1 egg together in a medium bowl.
- Place ground Chukar® Pacific Northwest Energy Mix onto a place with a lip.
- Take lamb and dredge the meat in the flour. Then dip into the Cherry Chipotle Sauce; let excess drip off. Lastly, coat meat with the Pacific Northwest Energy Mix.
- Bake on a greased pan to desired temperature. We suggest 12-15 minutes for medium-rare.
- While the meat is baking, start the sauce. Heat 1 Tsp Butter and Chukar® Organic Rainiers in a medium saute pan on medium heat for two minutes.
- Add wine of your choice and Chukar®Cherry Pepper Jelly. Stir until well combined.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 8-10 minutes, stirring frequently until sauce thickens.
- Serve lamb warm topped by a generous amount of Cherry Pepper Jelly Sauce.
© 2015, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
Gluten free, grain free, no sugar added. This nutritious mix is energy-packed with crunchy dried tart cherries, nuts (almonds, pecans), seeds (pumpkin, sunflower, chia, flax, hemp), honey & coconut.
A sweet and savory grilling sauce ideal for chicken, pork, or beef. Spread on meat in the last five minutes of cooking for classic BBQ flavor with notes of chipotle, cherry, honey, and Dijon.
The sweet of fresh cherries followed by the heat of jalapeños in an elegant garnish for gorgonzola appetizers or a favorite meat dish.