What’s better than caramel apples? Caramel apple pie! This is the perfect recipe to celebrate fall. You’ll love the flavors and wonderful aromas coming from the oven almost as much as the pie itself!
We used our dried Cherry Apple Crisps and two fresh Granny Smith Apples. You may use any variety of apples, but we chose Granny Smiths this time ’round for their tartness. We wanted something that would balance the rich caramel.
This recipe is just as good with either a homemade or store bought pie crust. Once you have the dried apples soaked in cider, it’ll be one of the easiest and delicious recipes you’ve ever made. It’s as simple as combining everything together and folding the pie crust edges over for a crisp and flaky pie crust.
Try topping your pie with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. You can also pair your slice of apple pie with coffee, brie cheese, or a tasty dessert wine. Enjoy!
- 1 - 8 oz. pie crust (pre-made or homemade)
- 1 bag of Chukar® Cherry Apple Crisps
- ½ cup apple cider (hard cider optional and delicious)
- 2 apples - thinly sliced or matchstick slice
- ½ Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp salted caramel sauce
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of nutmeg fresh ground
- Break or roughly chop the Chukar® Cherry Apple Crisps into smaller pieces and place in container with ½ cup of apple cider. Let soak together for 2-4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine soaked apple crisps, apples, ginger, nutmeg, flour, brown sugar, and ¼ cup salted caramel sauce.
- Grease oven safe dish and place flattened pie crust, fill center with apple filling from above. Fold excess edges over creating a crust.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until crust is golden and flaky.
- Garnish with more caramel sauce and/or vanilla whipped cream!
© 2015, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
Three bags of tart Washington apples soaked in pure cherry juice, sprinkled with cinnamon sugar, and baked until crispy and sweet.