What’s better than cherry pie? Cherry pie on a stick!
These mini cherry pie pops have a flaky crust and a sour cherry center made from Sour Cherry Dessert Sauce. They’re perfect for a picnic or special Valentine’s Day dessert.
You can also try adding a few chocolate chips to the filling for each pie pop to make chocolate cherry pie pops!
© 2015, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
Cherry Pie Pops
By January 13, 2015Published:
What's better than cherry pie? Cherry pie on a stick! These mini cherry pie pops have a flaky crust and a sour cherry center made …
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter
- 1½ teaspoons vinegar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup ice water
- Sour Cherry Dessert Sauce
- 1 tablespoon milk
- coarse sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make dough, mix together flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together vinegar, 1 egg, and ice water. Sprinkle over the dry mixture and stir to combine. Add just enough liquid to make dough hold together. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes, until it rolls out easily.
- Roll dough to about one-third of an inch (just slightly thicker than normal pie crust). Cut into identical shapes using a cookie cutter of your choice.
- Place one-half of shapes on a parchment lined baking sheet. Press a popsicle stick into the middle of each of these shapes and brush the edges with a mixture of egg yolk and 1 tablespoon milk.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon of Sour Cherry Dessert Sauce into the center of each shape.
- Place an identical shape over the top of the pie filling and press the edges together with a fork to seal. Brush egg wash over the top of each pie pop and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Montmorency Tart cherries from Northwest orchards add a sweet and tangy finish to ice cream and pound cake.