Being in the heart of Washington Wine Country, we’re huge wine fans! Wine and cherries are one of our favorite pairings by far.
Chef Kristin Johnson from Martilla’s Kitchen created a flavorful Cabernet + Cherry + Balsamic compote with our popular, no sugar added Totally Tart Cherries and local Cabernet wine.
Try this versatile sauce on anything from sliders to pork tenderloin. We tried sliders this time, and they were absolutely delicious!
- 1 ½ Cups Cabernet
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 ½ Cups Chukar Totally Tart Cherries
- ½ Teaspoon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- Dissolve sugar into Cabernet over medium heat.
- Once dissolved, add balsamic, pepper, and dried tart cherries.
- Let simmer, stirring often until cherries become plump and soft. This should take about 4-6 minutes.
- Serve on the dish of your choice. We recommend sliders or pork tenderloin.
© 2015, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
No sugar added Montmorency Tart cherries are small in size but intensely flavorful. A favorite of Northwest chefs.