Summer is finally here! It’s time for grilling, relaxing by the pool, and hanging out with family & friends at a great backyard BBQ. Pulled pork sliders are always easy to put together and eat outdoors. Our pulled pork tastes sweet, spicy, and smokey. The texture is so rich it melts in your mouth!
We used our favorite Chukar Cherry Chipotle Grilling Sauce, and it never fails! This time we decided to make our own BBQ sauce. Try adding Columbia River Tart Cherries into the BBQ sauce while it’s cooking for an even better cherry flavor! It’s a simple step that’ll go a long way! (If you’re on a time crunch or don’t have all the ingredients for the homemade BBQ sauce version, you can always use your favorite store-bought BBQ sauce).
We suggest serving the pulled pork sliders with coleslaw, potato salad, corn on the cob, or plain potato chips! If you’re wanting to make it a full on cherry meal, try making our Cherry Slaw. It’s easy to make and will taste great with the sliders! We love pairing this BBQ favorite with apple or pear cider, a juicy Merlot, or simply the red wine you used to cook the meat with! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 jar Chukar® Cherry Chipotle Sauce
- 4-5 lbs. pork loin or pork shoulder (boneless)
- 1 cup chicken/vegetable/pork stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 1 ½ - 2 cups BBQ sauce (see recipe below)
- olive oil
- BBQ Rub (simply use salt, pepper, and chili powder to make your own)
- Combine all ingredients below in sauce pot and simmer for 45-55 minutes, until sauce is thick and flavors are well combined.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 Tbsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ Tbsp onion powder
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- In Dutch oven or other pot that can go from stove top to oven, heat small amount of oil on medium-high heat. Rub pork with seasoning.
- Place seasoned pork in heated Dutch oven. Turn periodically to brown on all sides.
- Once a good crust has been formed, de-glaze the pot with red wine. Let wine reduce by ½, then add stock, ½ jar of Chukar Chipotle Grilling Sauce, and 1 cup BBQ sauce. Slightly stir.
- Cover and place in preheated oven. Cook for 4 hours.
- After 4 hours have passed, check meat by stabbing with fork and twisting. If it's not quite ready, place back in the oven for an additional hour.
- If meat begins to fall apart, then grab another fork and begin shredding pork. Once shredded, add the rest of the Cherry Chipotle Sauce and ½ cup BBQ sauce.
- Serve on buns with coleslaw.
© 2015, Chukar Cherry Company, Inc. All rights reserved.
A sweet and savory grilling sauce ideal for chicken, pork, or beef. Spread on meat in the last five minutes of cooking for classic BBQ flavor with notes of chipotle, cherry, honey, and Dijon.